Advanced Diver Course
Advanced Scuba Diver is a continuing education course for certified divers. It is an enjoyable program of continued supervised experience designed to introduce divers to a variety of diving activities and to be taught entirely in an open water setting. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are considered competent to engage in open water diving activities and the areas dived approximate those of training.
This course allows individuals to learn about specialties and diving activities of particular interest. Your confidence and skill as a diver will increase while you experience the excitement of learning more about the underwater world.
During training, students complete a minimum of six open-water dives, including three separate dives for navigation, night or low visibility diving, and deep diving, plus three additional dives based on your individual preferences and available options.
Possible activities include:
- Search and recovery
- Boat diving
- Light salvage
- Hunting and collecting
- Exploration and underwater mapping
- Wreck diving (non-penetration)
- Observation and data collecting
- Diving in surf or currents
- Altitude diving
- Salt Water diving (in areas where most diving is in fresh water)
- Fresh water diving (in areas where most diving is in salt water)
- Shore diving
- Diving for photos and videos
- Using dive computers