Divemaster [DM] Course
Would you like to lead dives and dive trips and take certified divers on vacations to the world’s best dive sites? Many Divemasters are employed full-time or work independently supervising certified divers during club, store, resort or charter tour and travel activities. As a NAUI Divemaster you enjoy again and again adventures to which you introduce your clients. NAUI Divemaster certification is another option leading to NAUI Instructor qualification.
The NAUI Divemaster rating is the highest NAUI leadership level certification except for instructor. The program is designed to train experienced and knowledgeable divers to organize and conduct enjoyable open water dives for certified divers. If all other prerequisites are met, a current NAUI Divemaster is qualified to enter a NAUI Instructor Training Course (ITC).
Qualifications of Graduates
- An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct dives for certified divers if the diving activities and locale approximate those in which the Divemaster is trained. Additional training, knowledge or experience is necessary for the Divemaster who desires to organize highly specialized activities, such as wreck penetration, cavern or ice dives or enter a new locale.
- An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct NAUI Recognition (such as International Diver) and Experience Programs (such as Stingray Experience) and award appropriate recognition materials to participants.
- An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to assist an active-status NAUI Instructor in diving courses.
- An active-status NAUI Divemaster who completes a NAUI-DAN First Aid Instructor orientation, who has completed all required NAUI-DAN orientation modules and is using the NAUI-DAN training and support materials, may teach the NAUI-DAN First Aid programs.
- If all other prerequisites are met, a current NAUI Divemaster is qualified to enter a NAUI Instructor Training Course (ITC).
Prerequisites for Entering the Course
- Minimum age is 18 years by the water phase of the course.
- Current registration as a NAUI FIT Program graduate. (Optional as of 6/1/19)
- Current certification as a NAUI Open Water Scuba Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Rescue Scuba Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Nitrox Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Master Scuba Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification in NAUI First Aid for the Diving Professional or equivalent.
- A minimum of 50 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 25 hours bottom time. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities.
- Medical Approval – Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the preceding 12 months.
- Materials – Contact the NAUI Training Department for current requirements.